It's Halloween and I felt like playing something... "scary".
After I picked up the hose at 22:44 and went outside, the new enemies had broken graphics. I tried saving and restarting the game then loading the save (not savestates btw), they were still broken, so I tried another version of the disks (used .ipf and now tried a cracked .adf version instead) and still had the graphic errors. I ran stock A500 settings, even tried A1200, always gfx errors. So, tried WHDLoad and the errors were gone. I didn't run it via the WHDLoad launcher, but the game's own executable, which is probably what lead to the wrong font and cursor changes. Couldn't be bothered to run with the WHDLoad executable as I would need WB set up for it. Ran the game's executable straight from the CLI window without a WB. This change is just at the last small part of the game anyway so wasn't worth the effort.